One of the primary objectives of Friends of West Africa Theological Seminary is to help our ministry partners think from a biblical perspective. This includes how we ask our ministry partners to Educate, Equip and Empower the men and women of WATS to impact the world for the Lord Jesus Christ.
- GOD OWNS IT ALL (1 Chron. 29:14) - God has provided us with all of our time, wealth, possessions, and resources. God owns everything. These resources are His gifts to us that God will use to accomplish wonderful things for His Kingdom.
- WE ARE TO MANAGE GOD'S RESOURCES (1 Peter 4:10) - Since God owns everything, Christians are called to be managers or stewards of all that God entrusts to them, to honor and glorify Him.
- OUR GIVING IS TO GOD (Rom. 12:1; Phil. 4:17) - Giving, then, is a worshipful, obedient act of returning to God from that which He has provided. Your giving should be directed to God and His work, not to an organization. Therefore, giving is a spiritual decision.
- GOD IS WATCHING OUR GIVING (Rom. 14:12; 2 Cor. 5:10; Luke 16) - From God's Kingdom view, our giving becomes a tool to further God's work on earth and a test to see how much responsibility we will be given in heaven.
- GOD IS THE FUNDRAISER (1 Chron. 29:9; 2 Cor. 9:7) - When needs are shared, the response is from the heart. God is the only One who stirs hearts and moves spirits.
- WHAT IS FWATS ROLE? (1 Chron 29:9; Ex. 35:21; 2 Cor. 8-9) - The responsibilty of Friends of WATS is to share the need, provide opportunities for stewards to respond, and allow God the opportunity to stir hearts and move spirits.
From a biblical perspective, when Friends of WATS asks you to give, our greater purpose is for your accountability to God. Our primary concern is to provide opportunities for you to lay up (or send ahead) treasures in heaven (Matt. 6:19-21), and a secondary motive is to have you further God's work by giving of your time, talents and treasures to West Africa Theological Seminary.
Do not store up for yourselves treasures on Earth...but store up for yourself treasures in heaven. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21
As a result of honoring God with a biblical approach to our giving and asking practices, we believe that He will supply all our needs (Phil. 4:19). In addition, we believe that as we honor God in doing things His way and relying on God to stir hearts, the resulting joy-filled generosity will fully fund God's work. (Ex. 36:3-7).